There are numbers of factors to decide when you plan to move to Anchorage. If you are having a car, you will want to get it on the location when you arrive instead of buying a new car. For that, you are having two options. One is driving yourself there and the other is hiring a professional company to ship it for you.
If you are driving yourself, you can enjoy the beautiful nature and be adventurous too. You can have peace of mind since you have possession of your car. Moreover, if you want to keep some of your belongings with you, you can take them in your car with you. However, there are chances of breakdowns and other unnecessary expenses along the way.
On the other hand, you will find it easier to move your vehicle to Anchorage by hiring a professional shipping company. Most of the companies provide a door-to-door delivery, which means you can get your vehicle in Anchorage when you arrive there. When you do a little math on the gas, lodging, and wear and tear on your car, shipping works cheaper.
If you are searching for the best shipping company, check shipacar.com that provides shipping services for more than 30 years. Ship a car Inc., can ship your car safely to any destination because of the largest network carriers they have. They can keep you updated about the entire process of shipping and ensure you safe, easy, and affordable shipping.
Preparing Your Car for Shipping
To ship your car to Anchorage, as a first step get quotes from at least three companies that provide door-to-door service. Make sure there are no additional, surprising, fees. Once you have decided to choose your shipping company, now it is time to prepare your car ready for shipment.
- Keep the vehicle documents ready since they will be needed while shipping.
- Take out all your belongings from your car since there is a chance of losing something.
- Wash your car. It helps find out any small dents and dings. It will be useful to you to find any damages caused while shipping. If there are any dents, it would be better to take photos of them.
- Give a thorough inspection of your vehicle to find out any potential problems.
- Don’t forget to turn off the car alarm because the shaking during the journey can easily set the alarm off and it may cause issues while shipping.
- It is necessary to leave a quarter tank of gas when you hand over your car.
When Are You Shipping?
- Once you have decided to ship your vehicle, it is necessary to decide when you do that. During summer the fuel rate will be higher. It will directly affect your shipping charges.
- Book with the shipping company several weeks in advance so that you can avoid higher price charges.
How Much Will It Cost?
Shipping a normal-sized car from anywhere in the country to Alaska will cost you around 3 to 4 thousand dollars. However, this range can be changed depending on various factors. Just visit the website of the shipping company that you have chosen and get the quotes from their website.